Dec 20, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
He has wrist tendonitis that had bothered him for a while but he had played through it — he had 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Tuesday night. Friday he went through warm-ups an hour before the game before discussing the issue with the team’s medical staff and coaches.
Don’t be shocked if he sits out Saturday night against the Bulls as well.
Waiters is averaging 14.9 points a game and he has a true shooting percentage of 51.3, something bolstered by his 40.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Still, he has struggled to fit his game in with Kyrie Irving as Waiters wants to have the ball in his hands aw well.
Waiters also has had a sore knee, this will give all of his body a chance to get his body healthy during the long grind of the NBA season.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 2
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15