Dec 20, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
Plenty of NBA players have wanted to knock down a referee.
D.J. Augustin now of the Bulls (he just signed with them in the wake of the Derrick Rose injury) did so Thursday night, albeit unintentionally. Oklahoma City’s Reggie Jackson and Augustin were chasing down a loose ball and Jackson went for the soccer play of shielding his man off the ball until it went out of bounds. That caught Augustin off guard and off balance and he went crashing into the legs of referee Mike Smith who was running with them.
It was a clean hit, no flag for clipping. Smith and Augustin finished the game.
Hat tip to SB Nation for the GIF.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4