Dec 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
The Heat can be a little nonchalant about the regular season at times, but the Indiana Pacers got their attention. There’s a budding rivalry here (although it lacks someone to really stir the pot) and after the Pacers hot start to the season then win over the Heat eight days before, Miami’s key players showed up ready to go. Don’t take my word for it, ask Mario Chalmers.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade were attacking against the Pacers. LeBron had 24 points and some big dunks. Wade had 32 points and was 11-of-15 inside eight feet. You can see it in the video above. When those two are both scoring, especially getting some easy buckets in transition, the Heat are very hard to beat.
The Eastern Conference Finals between the Heat and Pacers is going to be a lot of fun this season.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18