Dec 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
The Heat can be a little nonchalant about the regular season at times, but the Indiana Pacers got their attention. There’s a budding rivalry here (although it lacks someone to really stir the pot) and after the Pacers hot start to the season then win over the Heat eight days before, Miami’s key players showed up ready to go. Don’t take my word for it, ask Mario Chalmers.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade were attacking against the Pacers. LeBron had 24 points and some big dunks. Wade had 32 points and was 11-of-15 inside eight feet. You can see it in the video above. When those two are both scoring, especially getting some easy buckets in transition, the Heat are very hard to beat.
The Eastern Conference Finals between the Heat and Pacers is going to be a lot of fun this season.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64