Dec 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
The Heat can be a little nonchalant about the regular season at times, but the Indiana Pacers got their attention. There’s a budding rivalry here (although it lacks someone to really stir the pot) and after the Pacers hot start to the season then win over the Heat eight days before, Miami’s key players showed up ready to go. Don’t take my word for it, ask Mario Chalmers.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade were attacking against the Pacers. LeBron had 24 points and some big dunks. Wade had 32 points and was 11-of-15 inside eight feet. You can see it in the video above. When those two are both scoring, especially getting some easy buckets in transition, the Heat are very hard to beat.
The Eastern Conference Finals between the Heat and Pacers is going to be a lot of fun this season.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24