Dec 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
The Heat can be a little nonchalant about the regular season at times, but the Indiana Pacers got their attention. There’s a budding rivalry here (although it lacks someone to really stir the pot) and after the Pacers hot start to the season then win over the Heat eight days before, Miami’s key players showed up ready to go. Don’t take my word for it, ask Mario Chalmers.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade were attacking against the Pacers. LeBron had 24 points and some big dunks. Wade had 32 points and was 11-of-15 inside eight feet. You can see it in the video above. When those two are both scoring, especially getting some easy buckets in transition, the Heat are very hard to beat.
The Eastern Conference Finals between the Heat and Pacers is going to be a lot of fun this season.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3