Dec 19, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
After this play, you just thought it was the Celtics’ night. Turns out not so much (the Pistons came back to win).
Still, this was a fantastic execution by the Celtics. With o.2 seconds left on the clock the only way to score was a tip in, and Jared Sullinger rolls to the basket (without a pick) and after a great pass from Gerald Wallace Sullinger can make the play. What really makes the play is the call — Tommy Heinsohn says it would take the “tip in of the century” and then he just cracks up and says sure, it was the tip in of the century.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29