Dec 18, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The basketball gods can be cruel.
The Washington Wizards were celebrating a dramatic win over the New York Knicks the other night — we focused on the Knicks’ failings but credit to the Wizards for making the right plans and knocking down the big shots. For a team with playoff dreams it was a win worth celebrating.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
This isn’t a big blow to the Wizards’ rotation, Rice was used sparingly (especially with Bradley Beal back), but it is a blow to the rookie trying to carve out a role on this team.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 29
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1