Dec 18, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
The basketball gods can be cruel.
The Washington Wizards were celebrating a dramatic win over the New York Knicks the other night — we focused on the Knicks’ failings but credit to the Wizards for making the right plans and knocking down the big shots. For a team with playoff dreams it was a win worth celebrating.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
This isn’t a big blow to the Wizards’ rotation, Rice was used sparingly (especially with Bradley Beal back), but it is a blow to the rookie trying to carve out a role on this team.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9