Dec 18, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
The basketball gods can be cruel.
The Washington Wizards were celebrating a dramatic win over the New York Knicks the other night — we focused on the Knicks’ failings but credit to the Wizards for making the right plans and knocking down the big shots. For a team with playoff dreams it was a win worth celebrating.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
This isn’t a big blow to the Wizards’ rotation, Rice was used sparingly (especially with Bradley Beal back), but it is a blow to the rookie trying to carve out a role on this team.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18