Dec 18, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The basketball gods can be cruel.
The Washington Wizards were celebrating a dramatic win over the New York Knicks the other night — we focused on the Knicks’ failings but credit to the Wizards for making the right plans and knocking down the big shots. For a team with playoff dreams it was a win worth celebrating.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
This isn’t a big blow to the Wizards’ rotation, Rice was used sparingly (especially with Bradley Beal back), but it is a blow to the rookie trying to carve out a role on this team.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29