Dec 18, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The basketball gods can be cruel.
The Washington Wizards were celebrating a dramatic win over the New York Knicks the other night — we focused on the Knicks’ failings but credit to the Wizards for making the right plans and knocking down the big shots. For a team with playoff dreams it was a win worth celebrating.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
This isn’t a big blow to the Wizards’ rotation, Rice was used sparingly (especially with Bradley Beal back), but it is a blow to the rookie trying to carve out a role on this team.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17