Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen Spike Lee’s “He Got Game” well, now you have some homework for tonight. The movie has Denzel Washington and a young Ray Allen in the lead role of a movie where basketball is at the heart of the plot.
This season the NBA is going to do “nickname games” where the players can wear nicknames on the back of their jerseys. Guess what name Allen chose for his? Spike Lee just leaked it on Instagram.
Jesus Shuttleworth. Love it.
Is this a ploy by the NBA to sell more jerseys? Yes. So what? This is entertainment people, it’s not international diplomacy in the Middle East. Don’t take it too seriously. These jerseys are amusing and basketball should be as well.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15