Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
If you haven’t seen Spike Lee’s “He Got Game” well, now you have some homework for tonight. The movie has Denzel Washington and a young Ray Allen in the lead role of a movie where basketball is at the heart of the plot.
This season the NBA is going to do “nickname games” where the players can wear nicknames on the back of their jerseys. Guess what name Allen chose for his? Spike Lee just leaked it on Instagram.
Jesus Shuttleworth. Love it.
Is this a ploy by the NBA to sell more jerseys? Yes. So what? This is entertainment people, it’s not international diplomacy in the Middle East. Don’t take it too seriously. These jerseys are amusing and basketball should be as well.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 7
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11