Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen Spike Lee’s “He Got Game” well, now you have some homework for tonight. The movie has Denzel Washington and a young Ray Allen in the lead role of a movie where basketball is at the heart of the plot.
This season the NBA is going to do “nickname games” where the players can wear nicknames on the back of their jerseys. Guess what name Allen chose for his? Spike Lee just leaked it on Instagram.
Jesus Shuttleworth. Love it.
Is this a ploy by the NBA to sell more jerseys? Yes. So what? This is entertainment people, it’s not international diplomacy in the Middle East. Don’t take it too seriously. These jerseys are amusing and basketball should be as well.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43