Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
If you haven’t seen Spike Lee’s “He Got Game” well, now you have some homework for tonight. The movie has Denzel Washington and a young Ray Allen in the lead role of a movie where basketball is at the heart of the plot.
This season the NBA is going to do “nickname games” where the players can wear nicknames on the back of their jerseys. Guess what name Allen chose for his? Spike Lee just leaked it on Instagram.
Jesus Shuttleworth. Love it.
Is this a ploy by the NBA to sell more jerseys? Yes. So what? This is entertainment people, it’s not international diplomacy in the Middle East. Don’t take it too seriously. These jerseys are amusing and basketball should be as well.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 0
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7