Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen Spike Lee’s “He Got Game” well, now you have some homework for tonight. The movie has Denzel Washington and a young Ray Allen in the lead role of a movie where basketball is at the heart of the plot.
This season the NBA is going to do “nickname games” where the players can wear nicknames on the back of their jerseys. Guess what name Allen chose for his? Spike Lee just leaked it on Instagram.
Jesus Shuttleworth. Love it.
Is this a ploy by the NBA to sell more jerseys? Yes. So what? This is entertainment people, it’s not international diplomacy in the Middle East. Don’t take it too seriously. These jerseys are amusing and basketball should be as well.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4