Dec 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Denver’s Hamilton has been suspended one game by the league for throwing this punch, striking the Thunder’s Steven Adams, the league announced Wednesday. Hamilton will sit Friday when the Nuggets play the Suns.
The incident took place at the start of the fourth quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday night. After a missed Nuggets shot OKC grabbed the rebound and started back up court when Adams set a little screen/bumped into Hamilton and Hamilton responded with a closed right hand to Adam’s chest. You could tell Hamilton tried to pull back on the move made out of frustration, but the punch connected, even if it wasn’t with much force.
That will get you a night away from your teammates.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13