Dec 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
Denver’s Hamilton has been suspended one game by the league for throwing this punch, striking the Thunder’s Steven Adams, the league announced Wednesday. Hamilton will sit Friday when the Nuggets play the Suns.
The incident took place at the start of the fourth quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday night. After a missed Nuggets shot OKC grabbed the rebound and started back up court when Adams set a little screen/bumped into Hamilton and Hamilton responded with a closed right hand to Adam’s chest. You could tell Hamilton tried to pull back on the move made out of frustration, but the punch connected, even if it wasn’t with much force.
That will get you a night away from your teammates.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 0
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 5
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 9
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 54
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14