Dec 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Denver’s Hamilton has been suspended one game by the league for throwing this punch, striking the Thunder’s Steven Adams, the league announced Wednesday. Hamilton will sit Friday when the Nuggets play the Suns.
The incident took place at the start of the fourth quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday night. After a missed Nuggets shot OKC grabbed the rebound and started back up court when Adams set a little screen/bumped into Hamilton and Hamilton responded with a closed right hand to Adam’s chest. You could tell Hamilton tried to pull back on the move made out of frustration, but the punch connected, even if it wasn’t with much force.
That will get you a night away from your teammates.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13