Dec 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Denver’s Hamilton has been suspended one game by the league for throwing this punch, striking the Thunder’s Steven Adams, the league announced Wednesday. Hamilton will sit Friday when the Nuggets play the Suns.
The incident took place at the start of the fourth quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday night. After a missed Nuggets shot OKC grabbed the rebound and started back up court when Adams set a little screen/bumped into Hamilton and Hamilton responded with a closed right hand to Adam’s chest. You could tell Hamilton tried to pull back on the move made out of frustration, but the punch connected, even if it wasn’t with much force.
That will get you a night away from your teammates.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2