Dec 18, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Chase Budinger was expected to start and be a key part of the Minnesota attack — he can shoot the three and is very athletic so he can finish in transition. He’s a great fit with their Kevin Love/Ricky Rubio attack.
However, for the second straight year Budinger has been sidelined by a knee injury — he had his meniscus removed after an injury during pre-camp workouts back in October.
Minnesota could get him back soon — he has been cleared for full contact, the team announced. There is no timetable but this means he can fully work out and run with team, it’s just a matter of getting comfortable and conditioning.
Budinger may not replace Corey Brewer as a starter (certainly not at first) but he brings more depth and athleticism to a Minnesota team that has played better than their record (they have a 12-13 record but the point differential of a 15-10 team). This is a team to watch making a run as the calendar turns to 2014.
Looks like Budinger may be part of that.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4