Dec 18, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Chase Budinger was expected to start and be a key part of the Minnesota attack — he can shoot the three and is very athletic so he can finish in transition. He’s a great fit with their Kevin Love/Ricky Rubio attack.
However, for the second straight year Budinger has been sidelined by a knee injury — he had his meniscus removed after an injury during pre-camp workouts back in October.
Minnesota could get him back soon — he has been cleared for full contact, the team announced. There is no timetable but this means he can fully work out and run with team, it’s just a matter of getting comfortable and conditioning.
Budinger may not replace Corey Brewer as a starter (certainly not at first) but he brings more depth and athleticism to a Minnesota team that has played better than their record (they have a 12-13 record but the point differential of a 15-10 team). This is a team to watch making a run as the calendar turns to 2014.
Looks like Budinger may be part of that.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10