Dec 18, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Chase Budinger was expected to start and be a key part of the Minnesota attack — he can shoot the three and is very athletic so he can finish in transition. He’s a great fit with their Kevin Love/Ricky Rubio attack.
However, for the second straight year Budinger has been sidelined by a knee injury — he had his meniscus removed after an injury during pre-camp workouts back in October.
Minnesota could get him back soon — he has been cleared for full contact, the team announced. There is no timetable but this means he can fully work out and run with team, it’s just a matter of getting comfortable and conditioning.
Budinger may not replace Corey Brewer as a starter (certainly not at first) but he brings more depth and athleticism to a Minnesota team that has played better than their record (they have a 12-13 record but the point differential of a 15-10 team). This is a team to watch making a run as the calendar turns to 2014.
Looks like Budinger may be part of that.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89