Dec 18, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
It’s been a running theme over the past few seasons in Miami, where the Heat veterans — namely LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — haven’t been at all shy about dressing down Mario Chalmers on the court following an in-game mistake.
Two straight championships later, things apparently haven’t changed all that much.
In the third quarter of Miami’s matchup with the Pacers, after a defensive lapse allowed Paul George to get wide open to knock down an uncontested attempt from three-point distance, Chalmers said something in the ensuing timeout that James found objectionable. LeBron jumped up and went after Chalmers, and was restrained by Udonis Haslem from escalating things even further.
In a later huddle, LeBron could be seen apologizing, saying, “Rio. I was wrong. My bad.” He also posted a similar message to his Twitter account after the game was over.
I love @mchalmers15 like a blood brother! I was wrong and apologized to him! We good and will always be good. I ride wit him any & every day
— LeBron James (@KingJames) December 19, 2013
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 41
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11