Dec 18, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
It’s been a running theme over the past few seasons in Miami, where the Heat veterans — namely LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — haven’t been at all shy about dressing down Mario Chalmers on the court following an in-game mistake.
Two straight championships later, things apparently haven’t changed all that much.
In the third quarter of Miami’s matchup with the Pacers, after a defensive lapse allowed Paul George to get wide open to knock down an uncontested attempt from three-point distance, Chalmers said something in the ensuing timeout that James found objectionable. LeBron jumped up and went after Chalmers, and was restrained by Udonis Haslem from escalating things even further.
In a later huddle, LeBron could be seen apologizing, saying, “Rio. I was wrong. My bad.” He also posted a similar message to his Twitter account after the game was over.
I love @mchalmers15 like a blood brother! I was wrong and apologized to him! We good and will always be good. I ride wit him any & every day
— LeBron James (@KingJames) December 19, 2013
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15