Dec 18, 2013, 9:52 PM EST
It’s been a running theme over the past few seasons in Miami, where the Heat veterans — namely LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — haven’t been at all shy about dressing down Mario Chalmers on the court following an in-game mistake.
Two straight championships later, things apparently haven’t changed all that much.
In the third quarter of Miami’s matchup with the Pacers, after a defensive lapse allowed Paul George to get wide open to knock down an uncontested attempt from three-point distance, Chalmers said something in the ensuing timeout that James found objectionable. LeBron jumped up and went after Chalmers, and was restrained by Udonis Haslem from escalating things even further.
In a later huddle, LeBron could be seen apologizing, saying, “Rio. I was wrong. My bad.” He also posted a similar message to his Twitter account after the game was over.
I love @mchalmers15 like a blood brother! I was wrong and apologized to him! We good and will always be good. I ride wit him any & every day
— LeBron James (@KingJames) December 19, 2013
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13