Dec 18, 2013, 9:52 PM EST
It’s been a running theme over the past few seasons in Miami, where the Heat veterans — namely LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — haven’t been at all shy about dressing down Mario Chalmers on the court following an in-game mistake.
Two straight championships later, things apparently haven’t changed all that much.
In the third quarter of Miami’s matchup with the Pacers, after a defensive lapse allowed Paul George to get wide open to knock down an uncontested attempt from three-point distance, Chalmers said something in the ensuing timeout that James found objectionable. LeBron jumped up and went after Chalmers, and was restrained by Udonis Haslem from escalating things even further.
In a later huddle, LeBron could be seen apologizing, saying, “Rio. I was wrong. My bad.” He also posted a similar message to his Twitter account after the game was over.
I love @mchalmers15 like a blood brother! I was wrong and apologized to him! We good and will always be good. I ride wit him any & every day
— LeBron James (@KingJames) December 19, 2013
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8