Dec 18, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
It’s been a running theme over the past few seasons in Miami, where the Heat veterans — namely LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — haven’t been at all shy about dressing down Mario Chalmers on the court following an in-game mistake.
Two straight championships later, things apparently haven’t changed all that much.
In the third quarter of Miami’s matchup with the Pacers, after a defensive lapse allowed Paul George to get wide open to knock down an uncontested attempt from three-point distance, Chalmers said something in the ensuing timeout that James found objectionable. LeBron jumped up and went after Chalmers, and was restrained by Udonis Haslem from escalating things even further.
In a later huddle, LeBron could be seen apologizing, saying, “Rio. I was wrong. My bad.” He also posted a similar message to his Twitter account after the game was over.
I love @mchalmers15 like a blood brother! I was wrong and apologized to him! We good and will always be good. I ride wit him any & every day
— LeBron James (@KingJames) December 19, 2013
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22