Dec 18, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
The Knicks are prone to late-game lapses of judgment this season, and that trend continued on the road near the end of the first overtime session in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
What’s supposed to happen here, obviously, is that Bargnani holds the ball and waits to be intentionally fouled by a defender, or quickly passes it to burn extra seconds before a teammate is similarly fouled to stop the clock.
Instead, for reasons known only to Bargnani and his god, he immediately fired a three-point attempt as soon as he caught the ball, which of course rimmed out and was rebounded by the Bucks. Check out the reaction of the Knicks bench:
Naturally, Milwaukee was able to score on the next possession to send it into a second overtime.
The Knicks ended up winning the game, so this is something that likely will just be laughed at in the following morning’s film session. But the reaction would have been decidedly different had they lost a second straight game due to a mental error like this.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18