Dec 18, 2013, 11:31 PM EST
The Knicks are prone to late-game lapses of judgment this season, and that trend continued on the road near the end of the first overtime session in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
What’s supposed to happen here, obviously, is that Bargnani holds the ball and waits to be intentionally fouled by a defender, or quickly passes it to burn extra seconds before a teammate is similarly fouled to stop the clock.
Instead, for reasons known only to Bargnani and his god, he immediately fired a three-point attempt as soon as he caught the ball, which of course rimmed out and was rebounded by the Bucks. Check out the reaction of the Knicks bench:
Naturally, Milwaukee was able to score on the next possession to send it into a second overtime.
The Knicks ended up winning the game, so this is something that likely will just be laughed at in the following morning’s film session. But the reaction would have been decidedly different had they lost a second straight game due to a mental error like this.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25