Dec 18, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
The Knicks are prone to late-game lapses of judgment this season, and that trend continued on the road near the end of the first overtime session in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
What’s supposed to happen here, obviously, is that Bargnani holds the ball and waits to be intentionally fouled by a defender, or quickly passes it to burn extra seconds before a teammate is similarly fouled to stop the clock.
Instead, for reasons known only to Bargnani and his god, he immediately fired a three-point attempt as soon as he caught the ball, which of course rimmed out and was rebounded by the Bucks. Check out the reaction of the Knicks bench:
Naturally, Milwaukee was able to score on the next possession to send it into a second overtime.
The Knicks ended up winning the game, so this is something that likely will just be laughed at in the following morning’s film session. But the reaction would have been decidedly different had they lost a second straight game due to a mental error like this.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37