Dec 18, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
The Knicks are prone to late-game lapses of judgment this season, and that trend continued on the road near the end of the first overtime session in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
What’s supposed to happen here, obviously, is that Bargnani holds the ball and waits to be intentionally fouled by a defender, or quickly passes it to burn extra seconds before a teammate is similarly fouled to stop the clock.
Instead, for reasons known only to Bargnani and his god, he immediately fired a three-point attempt as soon as he caught the ball, which of course rimmed out and was rebounded by the Bucks. Check out the reaction of the Knicks bench:
Naturally, Milwaukee was able to score on the next possession to send it into a second overtime.
The Knicks ended up winning the game, so this is something that likely will just be laughed at in the following morning’s film session. But the reaction would have been decidedly different had they lost a second straight game due to a mental error like this.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22