Dec 18, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
The Knicks are prone to late-game lapses of judgment this season, and that trend continued on the road near the end of the first overtime session in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
What’s supposed to happen here, obviously, is that Bargnani holds the ball and waits to be intentionally fouled by a defender, or quickly passes it to burn extra seconds before a teammate is similarly fouled to stop the clock.
Instead, for reasons known only to Bargnani and his god, he immediately fired a three-point attempt as soon as he caught the ball, which of course rimmed out and was rebounded by the Bucks. Check out the reaction of the Knicks bench:
Naturally, Milwaukee was able to score on the next possession to send it into a second overtime.
The Knicks ended up winning the game, so this is something that likely will just be laughed at in the following morning’s film session. But the reaction would have been decidedly different had they lost a second straight game due to a mental error like this.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18