Dec 17, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
UPDATE 3:47 pm: It didn’t take long for multiple quality sources to shoot this idea down.
There are conversations between teams all the time, how far this really got is certainly up vor debate.
If you weren’t watching Sports Dash on the NBC Sports Network today you missed a big one:
The Celtics are reportedly talking about a multi-player deal with the Sacramento Kings where Rajon Rondo is the centerpiece, as reported by Donny Marshall of the NBC Sports Network and Comcast Sportsnet New England.
There are not a lot of details here, but you can bet a mix of players and picks would return to Boston in this deal. Boston also has rumored to have had discussions as part of a third team in an Omer Asik deal, but now that is a lot of moving parts to fit together.
For Sacramento, I get it. If you can pair Rondo with DeMarcus Cousins you have two young cornerstone pieces you think you can build a contender around. Sacramento would have to surrender multiple picks plus Ben McLemore, Isaiah Thomas and more. Someone like Marcus Thornton (or Rudy Gay) needs to be involved to make the numbers work and there would be others involved as well.
Not sure this comes to fruition, and if a Kings/Celtics trade goes down it is likely much closer to the trade deadline in February. But this is out there.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18