Dec 17, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
He was simply having a wonderful Christmas time.
As part of his holiday festivities Paul McCartney — That would be Sir Paul McCartney to you, the legendary Beatles singer, founder of Wings, followed by an amazing solo career — went to the Nets-76ers game Monday night in Brooklyn and didn’t sit hidden away in a luxury box. He was with the people. I mean, the rich people not that far away from the court, but still the people.
He’s got money, fame, still has women you and I couldn’t get near throwing themselves at him, but what does he really want?
A Brooklyn Nets T-shirt.
I mean watch the video — he really wants this. More than he wants to sing “Hey Jude” one more time.
The Nets crushed the Sixers Monday night… hey, McCartney is the Nets’ good luck charm. They should have him come to every home game. That wouldn’t be logistically difficult or anything — make it happen.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 19
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64