Dec 17, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
There wasn’t much to see after halftime of the Heat’s easy win over the Jazz — Utah got the ball inside and scored on second chance points in the first half, but talent wins out in the NBA and Miami has much more than Utah. Miami turned this into a rout.
However one potentially important thing did happen — LeBron James tweaked his ankle.
LeBron was trying to make a move on Brandon Rush, lost his footing and rolled his left ankle a little. He came out of the game, was visibly frustrated, but did go back in the fourth quarter for a stretch.
LeBron sat out practice on Tuesday to rest the ankle. He is officially day-to-day and said this about his ankle after the game, as reported by Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I turned my ankle and it will be sore in the morning, I know,” he said. “I’ve been here before. I’m day-to-day and we’ll see what happens. I know in the morning it’ll be pretty sore.”
Asked if he would play Wednesday, he said, “We’re gonna see. We’re gonna see.”
Because it’s a rematch with the Pacers — who came from behind last week to beat the Heat in Indiana — expect LeBron to go unless this is pretty bad. The Heat and Pacers are on a collision course for a rematch of the Eastern Conference Finals this year, they are clearly the two best teams in the East. Let’s hope they meet in the conference finals, otherwise it means the Hawks or somebody got through (likely due to an injury) and one team is going to have a cakewalk. The drop off in the level of play after the first two teams in the East is steep.
PBT will keep you updated on LeBron’s status.
By the way, LeBron was wearing his LeBron 11s when it happened.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 46
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6