Dec 17, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
This is the one thing that is certain: Omer Asik will get his wish and be traded in the next 48 hours. Houston still plans to move him by Dec. 19 — after that date and they can’t flip any of the assets they get at the trade deadline.
Where he is going to land is still up in the air.
Here is the latest, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The most-talked about trade is a three-team one with the Celtics and Sixers involved and Asik ending up in Philly. Exactly who moves in this deal is unclear, but potentially could include Brandon Bass, Thaddeus Young and others.
Houston’s GM Daryl Morey reportedly has a deal in place he likes as a fallback but is trying to find a better one. That’s his style.
But he’s got 48 hours to find it.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 0
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 11
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29