Dec 17, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
This is the one thing that is certain: Omer Asik will get his wish and be traded in the next 48 hours. Houston still plans to move him by Dec. 19 — after that date and they can’t flip any of the assets they get at the trade deadline.
Where he is going to land is still up in the air.
Here is the latest, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The most-talked about trade is a three-team one with the Celtics and Sixers involved and Asik ending up in Philly. Exactly who moves in this deal is unclear, but potentially could include Brandon Bass, Thaddeus Young and others.
Houston’s GM Daryl Morey reportedly has a deal in place he likes as a fallback but is trying to find a better one. That’s his style.
But he’s got 48 hours to find it.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18