Dec 17, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
This is the one thing that is certain: Omer Asik will get his wish and be traded in the next 48 hours. Houston still plans to move him by Dec. 19 — after that date and they can’t flip any of the assets they get at the trade deadline.
Where he is going to land is still up in the air.
Here is the latest, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The most-talked about trade is a three-team one with the Celtics and Sixers involved and Asik ending up in Philly. Exactly who moves in this deal is unclear, but potentially could include Brandon Bass, Thaddeus Young and others.
Houston’s GM Daryl Morey reportedly has a deal in place he likes as a fallback but is trying to find a better one. That’s his style.
But he’s got 48 hours to find it.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 12
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8