Dec 17, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
This is the one thing that is certain: Omer Asik will get his wish and be traded in the next 48 hours. Houston still plans to move him by Dec. 19 — after that date and they can’t flip any of the assets they get at the trade deadline.
Where he is going to land is still up in the air.
Here is the latest, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The most-talked about trade is a three-team one with the Celtics and Sixers involved and Asik ending up in Philly. Exactly who moves in this deal is unclear, but potentially could include Brandon Bass, Thaddeus Young and others.
Houston’s GM Daryl Morey reportedly has a deal in place he likes as a fallback but is trying to find a better one. That’s his style.
But he’s got 48 hours to find it.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 35
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 36
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17