Dec 17, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Just two nights ago, Damian Lillard hit the game winner in overtime to lift the Blazers over the Pistons.
Tuesday night he was playing the hero again. The Blazers and Cavaliers were tied 116-116 with 7.1 seconds left and Portland inbounded the ball and went with the simple 1-4 flat play and let Lillard create. I’m not a fan of this set in general because I think it leads to poor or contested shots. Like a three pointer from four feet behind the arc.
But that’s what Lillard nailed.
And the Blazers amazing run continues.
Lillard finished with 36 points and hit 8 threes on the night.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15