Dec 17, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Just two nights ago, Damian Lillard hit the game winner in overtime to lift the Blazers over the Pistons.
Tuesday night he was playing the hero again. The Blazers and Cavaliers were tied 116-116 with 7.1 seconds left and Portland inbounded the ball and went with the simple 1-4 flat play and let Lillard create. I’m not a fan of this set in general because I think it leads to poor or contested shots. Like a three pointer from four feet behind the arc.
But that’s what Lillard nailed.
And the Blazers amazing run continues.
Lillard finished with 36 points and hit 8 threes on the night.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10