Dec 17, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Just two nights ago, Damian Lillard hit the game winner in overtime to lift the Blazers over the Pistons.
Tuesday night he was playing the hero again. The Blazers and Cavaliers were tied 116-116 with 7.1 seconds left and Portland inbounded the ball and went with the simple 1-4 flat play and let Lillard create. I’m not a fan of this set in general because I think it leads to poor or contested shots. Like a three pointer from four feet behind the arc.
But that’s what Lillard nailed.
And the Blazers amazing run continues.
Lillard finished with 36 points and hit 8 threes on the night.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23