Dec 17, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
Golden State is just one more loss away from being a .500 team — for all the sexy play of their sharpshooters they are not playing good defense anymore not winning games (6-9 in last 15, with the 17th ranked defense in the league).
Who they miss is Andre Iguodala — and they could get him back Tuesday night, reports Monte Poole at CSNBayArea.com.
Warriors forward Andre Iguodala was among the last players to walk off the court after the team’s Tuesday morning shoot around, and he looked as if he’s ready to rejoin the lineup after a 26-day absence.
That could happen, according to several Warriors sources, as early as Tuesday night’s game against New Orleans at Oracle Arena.
David Lee was one of those sources.
Warriors PF David Lee implies Andre Iguodala cud return tonite. Others Dubs sources also saying it is possible.—
Monte Poole (@MontePooleCSN) December 17, 2013
Iguodala has been out 26 days with a hamstring issue.
The Warriors miss Iguodala as the glue in their system — offensively he could create shots if needed, score in transition, knock down threes, just be the Swiss Army knife they need. But defense was the real key — Klay Thompson is a good team defender but Iguodala is a more versatile defender, together with Andrew Bogut they could make things difficult for opposing teams. In the Warriors first 10 games this season they had the fourth best defense in the NBA, combine that with their offense and they win games.
The defense has fallen off and the Warriors are now almost a .500 team. Iguodala would help change that around.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6