Dec 17, 2013, 4:17 PM EST
Golden State is just one more loss away from being a .500 team — for all the sexy play of their sharpshooters they are not playing good defense anymore not winning games (6-9 in last 15, with the 17th ranked defense in the league).
Who they miss is Andre Iguodala — and they could get him back Tuesday night, reports Monte Poole at CSNBayArea.com.
Warriors forward Andre Iguodala was among the last players to walk off the court after the team’s Tuesday morning shoot around, and he looked as if he’s ready to rejoin the lineup after a 26-day absence.
That could happen, according to several Warriors sources, as early as Tuesday night’s game against New Orleans at Oracle Arena.
David Lee was one of those sources.
Iguodala has been out 26 days with a hamstring issue.
The Warriors miss Iguodala as the glue in their system — offensively he could create shots if needed, score in transition, knock down threes, just be the Swiss Army knife they need. But defense was the real key — Klay Thompson is a good team defender but Iguodala is a more versatile defender, together with Andrew Bogut they could make things difficult for opposing teams. In the Warriors first 10 games this season they had the fourth best defense in the NBA, combine that with their offense and they win games.
The defense has fallen off and the Warriors are now almost a .500 team. Iguodala would help change that around.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39