Dec 17, 2013, 7:13 PM EDT
Because the Knicks don’t have enough other issues to deal with…
Mike Woodson said on Tuesday afternoon that he could be without Amar’e Stoudemire for a while — with Kenyon Martin out too Tyson Chandler can’t bet back fast enough (likely Friday). Here’s Woodson’s direct quite, via ESPNNewYork.com.
“Amar’e’s going to be out a while,” Woodson said. “I don’t know, but he won’t play tomorrow.”
Stoudemire wants you to know he’s not injured.
Stoudemire was 1-of-7 against the Wizards in 19 minutes off the bench Monday night, but then again a lot of the Knicks were bad in that ome. Now he’s going to take a little time off. But why would you think he was injured?
To be fair, Stoudemire has had some solid games lately and a good one against the Celtics (18 points on 9 shots, playing 30 minutes).
Just as a reminder, Stoudemire has one more season at $23.4 million left on the Knicks books.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30