Dec 17, 2013, 7:13 PM EST
Because the Knicks don’t have enough other issues to deal with…
Mike Woodson said on Tuesday afternoon that he could be without Amar’e Stoudemire for a while — with Kenyon Martin out too Tyson Chandler can’t bet back fast enough (likely Friday). Here’s Woodson’s direct quite, via ESPNNewYork.com.
“Amar’e’s going to be out a while,” Woodson said. “I don’t know, but he won’t play tomorrow.”
Stoudemire wants you to know he’s not injured.
Stoudemire was 1-of-7 against the Wizards in 19 minutes off the bench Monday night, but then again a lot of the Knicks were bad in that ome. Now he’s going to take a little time off. But why would you think he was injured?
To be fair, Stoudemire has had some solid games lately and a good one against the Celtics (18 points on 9 shots, playing 30 minutes).
Just as a reminder, Stoudemire has one more season at $23.4 million left on the Knicks books.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20