Dec 17, 2013, 7:13 PM EDT
Because the Knicks don’t have enough other issues to deal with…
Mike Woodson said on Tuesday afternoon that he could be without Amar’e Stoudemire for a while — with Kenyon Martin out too Tyson Chandler can’t bet back fast enough (likely Friday). Here’s Woodson’s direct quite, via ESPNNewYork.com.
“Amar’e's going to be out a while,” Woodson said. “I don’t know, but he won’t play tomorrow.”
Stoudemire wants you to know he’s not injured.
Stoudemire was 1-of-7 against the Wizards in 19 minutes off the bench Monday night, but then again a lot of the Knicks were bad in that ome. Now he’s going to take a little time off. But why would you think he was injured?
To be fair, Stoudemire has had some solid games lately and a good one against the Celtics (18 points on 9 shots, playing 30 minutes).
Just as a reminder, Stoudemire has one more season at $23.4 million left on the Knicks books.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14