Dec 17, 2013, 7:13 PM EDT
Because the Knicks don’t have enough other issues to deal with…
Mike Woodson said on Tuesday afternoon that he could be without Amar’e Stoudemire for a while — with Kenyon Martin out too Tyson Chandler can’t bet back fast enough (likely Friday). Here’s Woodson’s direct quite, via ESPNNewYork.com.
“Amar’e’s going to be out a while,” Woodson said. “I don’t know, but he won’t play tomorrow.”
Stoudemire wants you to know he’s not injured.
Stoudemire was 1-of-7 against the Wizards in 19 minutes off the bench Monday night, but then again a lot of the Knicks were bad in that ome. Now he’s going to take a little time off. But why would you think he was injured?
To be fair, Stoudemire has had some solid games lately and a good one against the Celtics (18 points on 9 shots, playing 30 minutes).
Just as a reminder, Stoudemire has one more season at $23.4 million left on the Knicks books.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4