Dec 16, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Right now Mike Woodson could use all the good news he can get — and the embattled Knicks coach just got some.
Tyson Chandler could be back on Wednesday night, reports Marc Berman at the New York Post.
Chandler, as of Monday morning, has not ruled out returning Wednesday in Milwaukee. Chandler is supposed to be reevaluated Monday and must be cleared by the medical staff. The next game after Milwaukee is not until Saturday against Memphis — that appears the latest he would be back.
Chandler went down with a broken fibula three games into the NBA season and the lack of him as a defensive anchor has been sorely missed in New York. The Knicks are 6-14 without him (although poor guard play is as big or bigger a factor in that poor record). Chandler helps on the offensive end too, especially with Raymond Felton (who is out injured with a hamstring issue) because Chandler sets a good pick and rolls hard to the rim.
Chandler being out meant more Andrea Bargnani being in and he has been solid (especially on the offensive end) but teams have exploited his help defense all season.
The question is does Woodson keep Carmelo Anthony at the four where he is stronger, or does he go back to the big front line of Chandler, Bargnani and ‘Melo? If he does and that fails, well, his seat is already pretty hot.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 3
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 30
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 48
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28