Dec 16, 2013, 9:36 PM EST
The doctors will get their word in — they will have to clear him.
But at the end of the day, Rajon Rondo gets to decide when Rajon Rondo returns, something coach Brad Stevens said before the Celtics game Monday night, as reported at Celticsblog.com.
“I don’t see how it could be anything else,” Stevens said Monday before the Celtics host the Minnesota Timberwolves in one of their few nationally televised games this season. “Ultimately a person has to be ready and he has to feel good.
“There are certain physical things that he’ll have to meet to be cleared to even be considered for games, that he has not met yet. But nobody should make that call except for the individual involved.”
At the end of the day, Stevens is right. It’s what Derrick Rose got wrongly blasted for last season — even if the doctors “clear” a player they don’t what he is feeling, what feels right and comfortable. Rondo reportedly wants to be comfortable before he returns.
Good. The buzz is we will not see Rondo until after the New Year. He needs to be patient, and think long term.
Besides, whenever he does come back the Celtics will likely be in the playoffs still anyway. Such is the way of the East.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 2
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13