Dec 16, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
To answer your first question: I am fighting off a cold, that’s why I sound like that. Raspy voices are in, I hear.
As for the topics…
If you’re a basketball purist who thinks the All-Star Game should be filled with the players who performed the best the first half of the season… well life has to suck a little for you. That’s just not the way the star system of the NBA works.
Fans have voted in Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as starters, even though if you took the best players so far Stephen Curry would start over Kobe. In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams asks who should have had those spots, but in the end Kobe and Wade “deserve” to be there because that’s who the fans want to see. That’s who got the votes. Welcome to democracy, you don’t always get the best candidates winning the election.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11