Dec 16, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
To answer your first question: I am fighting off a cold, that’s why I sound like that. Raspy voices are in, I hear.
As for the topics…
If you’re a basketball purist who thinks the All-Star Game should be filled with the players who performed the best the first half of the season… well life has to suck a little for you. That’s just not the way the star system of the NBA works.
Fans have voted in Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as starters, even though if you took the best players so far Stephen Curry would start over Kobe. In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams asks who should have had those spots, but in the end Kobe and Wade “deserve” to be there because that’s who the fans want to see. That’s who got the votes. Welcome to democracy, you don’t always get the best candidates winning the election.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9