Dec 16, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
To answer your first question: I am fighting off a cold, that’s why I sound like that. Raspy voices are in, I hear.
As for the topics…
If you’re a basketball purist who thinks the All-Star Game should be filled with the players who performed the best the first half of the season… well life has to suck a little for you. That’s just not the way the star system of the NBA works.
Fans have voted in Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as starters, even though if you took the best players so far Stephen Curry would start over Kobe. In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams asks who should have had those spots, but in the end Kobe and Wade “deserve” to be there because that’s who the fans want to see. That’s who got the votes. Welcome to democracy, you don’t always get the best candidates winning the election.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41