Dec 16, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
To answer your first question: I am fighting off a cold, that’s why I sound like that. Raspy voices are in, I hear.
As for the topics…
If you’re a basketball purist who thinks the All-Star Game should be filled with the players who performed the best the first half of the season… well life has to suck a little for you. That’s just not the way the star system of the NBA works.
Fans have voted in Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as starters, even though if you took the best players so far Stephen Curry would start over Kobe. In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams asks who should have had those spots, but in the end Kobe and Wade “deserve” to be there because that’s who the fans want to see. That’s who got the votes. Welcome to democracy, you don’t always get the best candidates winning the election.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8