Dec 16, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Glen Davis acted like a hockey player Sunday night.
He has missed a lot of time and worked hard to get back on the court following a couple of foot surgeries — he’s not going to let a little injury keep him from going now.
A little injury like a dislocated shoulder, one he got in the fourth quarter in a collision with the basket stanchion, he told the Orlando Sentinel.
Davis left the game clutching his shoulder, and he was checked on the bench by athletic trainer Keon Weise. Davis returned to the court with 13.0 seconds left and set a screen on the final possession, which ended in an airball by Davis.
“I’ll be all right,” Davis said….
“Yeah,” he said. “But I’ve been out of basketball too long to let a little boo-boo hurt me as long as I can use it. It’s going to be sore. You don’t play the game 100 percent. I don’t know a player that plays the game 100 percent. As long as I can move it and it doesn’t stop my motion and I’m not going to hurt it even more by playing, I’ll be fine.”
Good for Davis.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That’s also good for the Magic, who will be shopping him around as a trade asset as they move toward the deadline (same with Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo). The Magic need him on the court, both to get some wins and to show he is back and healthy to other teams. And to show he’ll play through a little thing like a dislocated shoulder.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15