Dec 16, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Rather than leave the game, Harden took his free throws while lifting his tweaked left ankle. And he nailed them.
By staying in to take the free throw it meant he could return to the game (if you leave the other team gets to pick who takes the shot and you cannot return). Harden did return to the game. Not that it mattered, the Kings thumped the Rockets (and DeMarcus Cousins completely outplayed Dwight Howard, but we’ll save that for The Extra Pass recaps).
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 6
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11