Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Of course he did.
Lillard has never missed a 2-point in overtime, shooting 10-for-10 inside the arc in his two-year career.
He’s not bad on 3-pointers in the extra period, either, making 5-of-9.
Determining whether players are truly clutch is extremely difficult, because players get so few opportunities in crunch time. But Lillard is doing all he can to prove he excels under pressure.
He has, by a wide margin, the best effective field-goal percentage in overtime since he entered the league (minimum: more than six attempts):
No wonder Portland is 7-1 in overtime games since drafting Lillard.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11