Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Of course he did.
Lillard has never missed a 2-point in overtime, shooting 10-for-10 inside the arc in his two-year career.
He’s not bad on 3-pointers in the extra period, either, making 5-of-9.
Determining whether players are truly clutch is extremely difficult, because players get so few opportunities in crunch time. But Lillard is doing all he can to prove he excels under pressure.
He has, by a wide margin, the best effective field-goal percentage in overtime since he entered the league (minimum: more than six attempts):
No wonder Portland is 7-1 in overtime games since drafting Lillard.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6