Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Of course he did.
Lillard has never missed a 2-point in overtime, shooting 10-for-10 inside the arc in his two-year career.
He’s not bad on 3-pointers in the extra period, either, making 5-of-9.
Determining whether players are truly clutch is extremely difficult, because players get so few opportunities in crunch time. But Lillard is doing all he can to prove he excels under pressure.
He has, by a wide margin, the best effective field-goal percentage in overtime since he entered the league (minimum: more than six attempts):
No wonder Portland is 7-1 in overtime games since drafting Lillard.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 4
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 7
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8