Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Of course he did.
Lillard has never missed a 2-point in overtime, shooting 10-for-10 inside the arc in his two-year career.
He’s not bad on 3-pointers in the extra period, either, making 5-of-9.
Determining whether players are truly clutch is extremely difficult, because players get so few opportunities in crunch time. But Lillard is doing all he can to prove he excels under pressure.
He has, by a wide margin, the best effective field-goal percentage in overtime since he entered the league (minimum: more than six attempts):
No wonder Portland is 7-1 in overtime games since drafting Lillard.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7