Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Of course he did.
Lillard has never missed a 2-point in overtime, shooting 10-for-10 inside the arc in his two-year career.
He’s not bad on 3-pointers in the extra period, either, making 5-of-9.
Determining whether players are truly clutch is extremely difficult, because players get so few opportunities in crunch time. But Lillard is doing all he can to prove he excels under pressure.
He has, by a wide margin, the best effective field-goal percentage in overtime since he entered the league (minimum: more than six attempts):
No wonder Portland is 7-1 in overtime games since drafting Lillard.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13