Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
The Clippers just ended a rough seven-game road trip with a 4-3 record, and have struggled overall since J.J. Redick went down with a pair of injuries back on Nov. 29.
The initial timetable for his return was 6-8 weeks, but it appears he may be on the low end of the scale in terms of time he’ll miss.
Some good news for Clippers. I hear JJ Reddick is ahead of schedule in his return from broken hand. Now targeting Jan. 15 return
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) December 16, 2013
Willie Green started in Redick’s place the first seven games. But due to him being largely ineffective in shooting just 29.5 percent from beyond the arc since Dec. 1, Doc Rivers inserted Jamal Crawford into the starting lineup in Saturday’s win over the Wizards.
Redick started all 17 games he’s appeared in for the Clippers, and is averaging 15.8 points in 28.2 minutes per game, while knocking down 35.9 percent of his attempts from three-point distance.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 3
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 25
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50