Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
The Clippers just ended a rough seven-game road trip with a 4-3 record, and have struggled overall since J.J. Redick went down with a pair of injuries back on Nov. 29.
The initial timetable for his return was 6-8 weeks, but it appears he may be on the low end of the scale in terms of time he’ll miss.
Some good news for Clippers. I hear JJ Reddick is ahead of schedule in his return from broken hand. Now targeting Jan. 15 return
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) December 16, 2013
Willie Green started in Redick’s place the first seven games. But due to him being largely ineffective in shooting just 29.5 percent from beyond the arc since Dec. 1, Doc Rivers inserted Jamal Crawford into the starting lineup in Saturday’s win over the Wizards.
Redick started all 17 games he’s appeared in for the Clippers, and is averaging 15.8 points in 28.2 minutes per game, while knocking down 35.9 percent of his attempts from three-point distance.
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 7
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2