Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
The Clippers just ended a rough seven-game road trip with a 4-3 record, and have struggled overall since J.J. Redick went down with a pair of injuries back on Nov. 29.
The initial timetable for his return was 6-8 weeks, but it appears he may be on the low end of the scale in terms of time he’ll miss.
Some good news for Clippers. I hear JJ Reddick is ahead of schedule in his return from broken hand. Now targeting Jan. 15 return
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) December 16, 2013
Willie Green started in Redick’s place the first seven games. But due to him being largely ineffective in shooting just 29.5 percent from beyond the arc since Dec. 1, Doc Rivers inserted Jamal Crawford into the starting lineup in Saturday’s win over the Wizards.
Redick started all 17 games he’s appeared in for the Clippers, and is averaging 15.8 points in 28.2 minutes per game, while knocking down 35.9 percent of his attempts from three-point distance.
- Greg Oden says he’s not interested in comeback right now 3
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 3
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 9
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 55
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12