Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
The Clippers just ended a rough seven-game road trip with a 4-3 record, and have struggled overall since J.J. Redick went down with a pair of injuries back on Nov. 29.
The initial timetable for his return was 6-8 weeks, but it appears he may be on the low end of the scale in terms of time he’ll miss.
Some good news for Clippers. I hear JJ Reddick is ahead of schedule in his return from broken hand. Now targeting Jan. 15 return
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) December 16, 2013
Willie Green started in Redick’s place the first seven games. But due to him being largely ineffective in shooting just 29.5 percent from beyond the arc since Dec. 1, Doc Rivers inserted Jamal Crawford into the starting lineup in Saturday’s win over the Wizards.
Redick started all 17 games he’s appeared in for the Clippers, and is averaging 15.8 points in 28.2 minutes per game, while knocking down 35.9 percent of his attempts from three-point distance.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20