Dec 16, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
Bradley Beal has been sidelined since before you stuffed yourself for Thanksgiving due to a “stress reaction” in his leg, but he may finally be back on the court Monday.
He said he would return Monday night as the Wizards take on the Knicks, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
The small bone in his lower right leg, which showed a stress reaction that is a precursor to a season-ending fracture, will evaluated by team doctors again. If there’s no soreness, Beal will likely play.
Beal was the Wizards leading scorer at Beal at 20.6 points a game and while he struggled inside the arc he was shooting 43.9 percent from three. We’ll see if Randy Wittman will limit the 40.2 minutes a game Beal was averaging before the injury.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal and John Wall are at the heart of the Wizards’ future but Beal still has work to do on his game — if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8