Dec 16, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Bradley Beal has been sidelined since before you stuffed yourself for Thanksgiving due to a “stress reaction” in his leg, but he may finally be back on the court Monday.
He said he would return Monday night as the Wizards take on the Knicks, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
The small bone in his lower right leg, which showed a stress reaction that is a precursor to a season-ending fracture, will evaluated by team doctors again. If there’s no soreness, Beal will likely play.
Beal was the Wizards leading scorer at Beal at 20.6 points a game and while he struggled inside the arc he was shooting 43.9 percent from three. We’ll see if Randy Wittman will limit the 40.2 minutes a game Beal was averaging before the injury.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal and John Wall are at the heart of the Wizards’ future but Beal still has work to do on his game — if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6