Dec 16, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Bradley Beal has been sidelined since before you stuffed yourself for Thanksgiving due to a “stress reaction” in his leg, but he may finally be back on the court Monday.
He said he would return Monday night as the Wizards take on the Knicks, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
The small bone in his lower right leg, which showed a stress reaction that is a precursor to a season-ending fracture, will evaluated by team doctors again. If there’s no soreness, Beal will likely play.
Beal was the Wizards leading scorer at Beal at 20.6 points a game and while he struggled inside the arc he was shooting 43.9 percent from three. We’ll see if Randy Wittman will limit the 40.2 minutes a game Beal was averaging before the injury.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal and John Wall are at the heart of the Wizards’ future but Beal still has work to do on his game — if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 0
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36