Dec 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
This was just frustration, because by this point in the fourth quarter the game itself was all but over — Portland was up 34 and cruising in for a win.
Philadelphia’s Daniel Orton was trying to back down Portland’s Meyers Leonard in to the post while the ball was on the other side of the court, and Leonard had enough and just threw him to the ground. Orton responded with an elbow. That got both of them tossed.
And both can expect to write a check to the league for this.
Leonard, for his part, was surprised he was ejected.
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 2
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 15
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 23
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12