Dec 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
This was just frustration, because by this point in the fourth quarter the game itself was all but over — Portland was up 34 and cruising in for a win.
Philadelphia’s Daniel Orton was trying to back down Portland’s Meyers Leonard in to the post while the ball was on the other side of the court, and Leonard had enough and just threw him to the ground. Orton responded with an elbow. That got both of them tossed.
And both can expect to write a check to the league for this.
Leonard, for his part, was surprised he was ejected.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 12
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 32
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64