Dec 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
This was just frustration, because by this point in the fourth quarter the game itself was all but over — Portland was up 34 and cruising in for a win.
Philadelphia’s Daniel Orton was trying to back down Portland’s Meyers Leonard in to the post while the ball was on the other side of the court, and Leonard had enough and just threw him to the ground. Orton responded with an elbow. That got both of them tossed.
And both can expect to write a check to the league for this.
Leonard, for his part, was surprised he was ejected.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20