Dec 15, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In what has become a tradition, Nike Basketball will have its top players decked out in special edition colorways of their signature sneakers on Christmas Day.
From the official release:
“Snow on the leaves? Never in Miami, but this year LeBron James brings the spirit of the season to the beach with this special edition of the LEBRON 11. A chilly mint color takes on a Christmas green with bold red accents and a frosty translucent outsole. The unique geometry of a snowflake combines with the royal palm to create a kaleidoscopic ‘palmsicle” print.”
KOBE 8 SYSTEM
“Ready to strike at any moment, the KOBE 8 SYSTEM sheds its skin to prepare for the coming of the KOBE 9 Elite in February 2014. The essence of the shedding skin is exemplified in a bold modern interpretation of aggressive snake scales attached to a translucent mesh shroud. Hits of neon mamba green and chrome gold bring in the holiday season.”
“Kevin Durant takes the court in Christmas red with accents of gold and mint. With a twist on traditional Christmas prints, the KD VI features a Fair Isle style Christmas sweater pattern that incorporates trees, stripes, and his number 35. Christmas plaid adorns the collar lining, with decorative detail worked into the metallic red Nike Flywire technology upper and a mint green speckled sole. ”
Check out plenty more images in the gallery below, and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48