Dec 15, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In what has become a tradition, Nike Basketball will have its top players decked out in special edition colorways of their signature sneakers on Christmas Day.
From the official release:
“Snow on the leaves? Never in Miami, but this year LeBron James brings the spirit of the season to the beach with this special edition of the LEBRON 11. A chilly mint color takes on a Christmas green with bold red accents and a frosty translucent outsole. The unique geometry of a snowflake combines with the royal palm to create a kaleidoscopic ‘palmsicle” print.”
KOBE 8 SYSTEM
“Ready to strike at any moment, the KOBE 8 SYSTEM sheds its skin to prepare for the coming of the KOBE 9 Elite in February 2014. The essence of the shedding skin is exemplified in a bold modern interpretation of aggressive snake scales attached to a translucent mesh shroud. Hits of neon mamba green and chrome gold bring in the holiday season.”
“Kevin Durant takes the court in Christmas red with accents of gold and mint. With a twist on traditional Christmas prints, the KD VI features a Fair Isle style Christmas sweater pattern that incorporates trees, stripes, and his number 35. Christmas plaid adorns the collar lining, with decorative detail worked into the metallic red Nike Flywire technology upper and a mint green speckled sole. “
Check out plenty more images in the gallery below, and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6