Dec 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Under normal circumstances, getting a win over the Charlotte Bobcats — even on the road, and even on the second night of a back-to-back — is little to get excited about.
But for the Lakers, who are without a healthy point guard at the moment and are trying to work Kobe Bryant back into the mix as he returns from injury, they can be a little happier than usual with the victorious result.
Bryant looked sharp, and finished with 21 points on 8-0f-15 shooting, to go along with seven rebounds and eight assists. Most importantly, he appeared active and energetic in his second game in as many nights, and made the kinds of shots we’ve become accustomed to seeing from him throughout his storied career.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8