Dec 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Under normal circumstances, getting a win over the Charlotte Bobcats — even on the road, and even on the second night of a back-to-back — is little to get excited about.
But for the Lakers, who are without a healthy point guard at the moment and are trying to work Kobe Bryant back into the mix as he returns from injury, they can be a little happier than usual with the victorious result.
Bryant looked sharp, and finished with 21 points on 8-0f-15 shooting, to go along with seven rebounds and eight assists. Most importantly, he appeared active and energetic in his second game in as many nights, and made the kinds of shots we’ve become accustomed to seeing from him throughout his storied career.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8