Dec 15, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
Portland’s Meyers Leonard and Philadelphia’s Daniel Orton were each suspended one game without pay on Sunday for their roles in the altercation that took place between the two players on Saturday, the league announced.
Leonard body-slammed Orton to the floor (that’s the term used in the official release, so it must be true), and then Orton responded with an elbow to Leonard’s face.
The Blazers will be without Leonard in Detroit Sunday when they face the Pistons, and the Sixers will be without Orton when the team heads to Brooklyn on Monday to face the Nets.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13