Dec 15, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Portland’s Meyers Leonard and Philadelphia’s Daniel Orton were each suspended one game without pay on Sunday for their roles in the altercation that took place between the two players on Saturday, the league announced.
Leonard body-slammed Orton to the floor (that’s the term used in the official release, so it must be true), and then Orton responded with an elbow to Leonard’s face.
The Blazers will be without Leonard in Detroit Sunday when they face the Pistons, and the Sixers will be without Orton when the team heads to Brooklyn on Monday to face the Nets.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7