Dec 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Suns did something pretty great on Friday, providing an all-day multi-media experience that showed hours of behind-the-scenes video of what goes into a game day’s preparation.
While plenty of the footage provided would be more than interesting to even the more casual fans, the public access to the way Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek prepared his team in the locker room before facing the Kings on Friday is definitely worth sharing.
Public speakers at all levels are taught to keep their audience engaged by encouraging participation throughout a presentation or discussion, and Hornacek uses this trick of the trade to perfection by having his players verbally provide scouting reports for the group on their opponents for the evening.
Just one more example of why Phoenix has over-achieved, and why the players have bought in to what Hornacek has been teaching.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 0
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 4
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 38
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5