Dec 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Suns did something pretty great on Friday, providing an all-day multi-media experience that showed hours of behind-the-scenes video of what goes into a game day’s preparation.
While plenty of the footage provided would be more than interesting to even the more casual fans, the public access to the way Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek prepared his team in the locker room before facing the Kings on Friday is definitely worth sharing.
Public speakers at all levels are taught to keep their audience engaged by encouraging participation throughout a presentation or discussion, and Hornacek uses this trick of the trade to perfection by having his players verbally provide scouting reports for the group on their opponents for the evening.
Just one more example of why Phoenix has over-achieved, and why the players have bought in to what Hornacek has been teaching.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 0
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7