Dec 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Suns did something pretty great on Friday, providing an all-day multi-media experience that showed hours of behind-the-scenes video of what goes into a game day’s preparation.
While plenty of the footage provided would be more than interesting to even the more casual fans, the public access to the way Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek prepared his team in the locker room before facing the Kings on Friday is definitely worth sharing.
Public speakers at all levels are taught to keep their audience engaged by encouraging participation throughout a presentation or discussion, and Hornacek uses this trick of the trade to perfection by having his players verbally provide scouting reports for the group on their opponents for the evening.
Just one more example of why Phoenix has over-achieved, and why the players have bought in to what Hornacek has been teaching.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 3
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 10
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30