Dec 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Suns did something pretty great on Friday, providing an all-day multi-media experience that showed hours of behind-the-scenes video of what goes into a game day’s preparation.
While plenty of the footage provided would be more than interesting to even the more casual fans, the public access to the way Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek prepared his team in the locker room before facing the Kings on Friday is definitely worth sharing.
Public speakers at all levels are taught to keep their audience engaged by encouraging participation throughout a presentation or discussion, and Hornacek uses this trick of the trade to perfection by having his players verbally provide scouting reports for the group on their opponents for the evening.
Just one more example of why Phoenix has over-achieved, and why the players have bought in to what Hornacek has been teaching.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6