Dec 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Suns did something pretty great on Friday, providing an all-day multi-media experience that showed hours of behind-the-scenes video of what goes into a game day’s preparation.
While plenty of the footage provided would be more than interesting to even the more casual fans, the public access to the way Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek prepared his team in the locker room before facing the Kings on Friday is definitely worth sharing.
Public speakers at all levels are taught to keep their audience engaged by encouraging participation throughout a presentation or discussion, and Hornacek uses this trick of the trade to perfection by having his players verbally provide scouting reports for the group on their opponents for the evening.
Just one more example of why Phoenix has over-achieved, and why the players have bought in to what Hornacek has been teaching.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11