Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s unclear exactly what’s happening here, but it appears that the Nets players have a true disdain for Hooper, the mascot of the Detroit Pistons.
Brooklyn’s players seemed to jump the mascot before the Nets faced the Pistons on Friday, and pretended to beat him down during pregame warmups.
There’s something going on with the Nets and the mascots of their opponents. The team engaged in a similar altercation with Benny the Bull before Game 4 of last season’s playoff matchup with Chicago.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31