Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s unclear exactly what’s happening here, but it appears that the Nets players have a true disdain for Hooper, the mascot of the Detroit Pistons.
Brooklyn’s players seemed to jump the mascot before the Nets faced the Pistons on Friday, and pretended to beat him down during pregame warmups.
There’s something going on with the Nets and the mascots of their opponents. The team engaged in a similar altercation with Benny the Bull before Game 4 of last season’s playoff matchup with Chicago.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8