Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s unclear exactly what’s happening here, but it appears that the Nets players have a true disdain for Hooper, the mascot of the Detroit Pistons.
Brooklyn’s players seemed to jump the mascot before the Nets faced the Pistons on Friday, and pretended to beat him down during pregame warmups.
There’s something going on with the Nets and the mascots of their opponents. The team engaged in a similar altercation with Benny the Bull before Game 4 of last season’s playoff matchup with Chicago.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27