Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s unclear exactly what’s happening here, but it appears that the Nets players have a true disdain for Hooper, the mascot of the Detroit Pistons.
Brooklyn’s players seemed to jump the mascot before the Nets faced the Pistons on Friday, and pretended to beat him down during pregame warmups.
There’s something going on with the Nets and the mascots of their opponents. The team engaged in a similar altercation with Benny the Bull before Game 4 of last season’s playoff matchup with Chicago.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2