Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Washington defended that pretty well, just a better shot by a very good player.
Tied 99-99 in OT, the Hawks had 1.8 seconds to get off a shot, so it looked like double OT. Al Horford sets a couple (pretty soft) screens on the strong side then fades away to the weak side by the rim and gets a dangerous lob pass — Trevor Booker went for the tip on the pass and missed, still recovered to give some contest on the shot… and it didn’t matter. Horford drained the fadeaway and gets the Hawks the101-99 home win.
Horford finished the game with 34 points on 15-of-23 shooting, plus he had 15 boards.
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 7
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12