Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Washington defended that pretty well, just a better shot by a very good player.
Tied 99-99 in OT, the Hawks had 1.8 seconds to get off a shot, so it looked like double OT. Al Horford sets a couple (pretty soft) screens on the strong side then fades away to the weak side by the rim and gets a dangerous lob pass — Trevor Booker went for the tip on the pass and missed, still recovered to give some contest on the shot… and it didn’t matter. Horford drained the fadeaway and gets the Hawks the101-99 home win.
Horford finished the game with 34 points on 15-of-23 shooting, plus he had 15 boards.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 11
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23