Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Washington defended that pretty well, just a better shot by a very good player.
Tied 99-99 in OT, the Hawks had 1.8 seconds to get off a shot, so it looked like double OT. Al Horford sets a couple (pretty soft) screens on the strong side then fades away to the weak side by the rim and gets a dangerous lob pass — Trevor Booker went for the tip on the pass and missed, still recovered to give some contest on the shot… and it didn’t matter. Horford drained the fadeaway and gets the Hawks the101-99 home win.
Horford finished the game with 34 points on 15-of-23 shooting, plus he had 15 boards.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48