Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Washington defended that pretty well, just a better shot by a very good player.
Tied 99-99 in OT, the Hawks had 1.8 seconds to get off a shot, so it looked like double OT. Al Horford sets a couple (pretty soft) screens on the strong side then fades away to the weak side by the rim and gets a dangerous lob pass — Trevor Booker went for the tip on the pass and missed, still recovered to give some contest on the shot… and it didn’t matter. Horford drained the fadeaway and gets the Hawks the101-99 home win.
Horford finished the game with 34 points on 15-of-23 shooting, plus he had 15 boards.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20