Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Washington defended that pretty well, just a better shot by a very good player.
Tied 99-99 in OT, the Hawks had 1.8 seconds to get off a shot, so it looked like double OT. Al Horford sets a couple (pretty soft) screens on the strong side then fades away to the weak side by the rim and gets a dangerous lob pass — Trevor Booker went for the tip on the pass and missed, still recovered to give some contest on the shot… and it didn’t matter. Horford drained the fadeaway and gets the Hawks the101-99 home win.
Horford finished the game with 34 points on 15-of-23 shooting, plus he had 15 boards.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18