Dec 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
When last we left off with “Days of our Kyle Lowry,” the Raptors were shopping their favorite point guard around hard and had talked with New York. Then Knicks owner James Dolan pulled the plug on it because… well, he’s James Dolan.
Now the Nets may be the frontrunners but the Knicks want back in the talks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As New York Knicks executives work to convince owner Jim Dolan he should ignore public criticism and complete a deal for Kyle Lowry, the Brooklyn Nets are gaining traction as a possible destination for the Toronto Raptors point guard, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Knicks are desperate for a point guard, and their front office had a deal together that would’ve sent Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace and a 2018 first-round pick for Lowry. (That is the deal Dolan reportedly killed.)
How Brooklyn’s pursuit of Lowry impacts Dolan will be interesting, because his sensitivity to criticism over his meddling into basketball deals might be only rivaled by his desire to outdo Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov.
The Raptors and Nets have exchanged ideas on packages for Lowry that include Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor and 2011 first-round draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic, league sources said. Bogdanovic is playing in Turkey and could join the NBA as soon as next season.
For the Knicks this is an upgrade at the point guard spot and with the injuries on their team they need it. For the Nets Lowry backs up and plays along side Deron Williams — Lowry is essentially an upgrade from Shaun Livingston.
Golden State also is said to be in the mix. They miss Jarrett Jack and depth is an issue for Golden State, the question is what they would send back to Toronto. It could involve bigs like Marreese Speights or Festus Ezeli, and young players like Kent Bazemore, plus there likely would be a pick or picks involved.
The trade rumors seem to be picking up steam but a deal is not imminent.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13