Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).
But for a night, the debate could be on again.
Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 0
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 24
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 63
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36