Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).
But for a night, the debate could be on again.
Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 0
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 50
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46