Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).
But for a night, the debate could be on again.
Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14