Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).
But for a night, the debate could be on again.
Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15