Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).
But for a night, the debate could be on again.
Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16