Deron Williams crosses up Chris Paul. Twice. (VIDEO)

Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT

There was a time when “Deron Williams or Chris Paul?” was a legitimate question worth debating. Not for the past few years however — D-Will has hobbled around with injuries while CP3 has assumed the title of best point guard in the game (with reason).

But for a night, the debate could be on again.

Williams played like the point guard the Nets need him to be if they are going to turn this thing around, and he was better than Paul through the second and third quarters. That includes putting CP3 on skates a couple of times (the fist one of these isn’t that bad, the second is impressive). The Nets need more games like this from Williams. A lot more.

1. 00maltliquor - Dec 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

There’s the D Will I used to know and love! I remember when he used to be hands down my favorite PG in the L. I used to think so highly of him. Then he ran out legendary Jerry. Then I lost respect.

2. davidly - Dec 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Well, nobody said Dude couldn’t ball—oh, wait. I’m sure somebody’s said that.

3. kinglorious - Dec 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM

the first one was a good move but it wasn’t a “crossover” per say. Paul got killed on that second one though.

4. kinglorious - Dec 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM

5. stephenlin - Dec 13, 2013 at 3:41 AM

remember when these two were battling for the crown of best point guard in the league? those were good days. if deron can start bullying his way to the rim again, things are looking up.

6. pistolpete0903 - Dec 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

More than D’Will’s play, it was bad defense by Paul.
    As for crossovers, I would go back to The Answer.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches