Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
After trying to play through it for a month and it not really working, Golden State’s Jermaine O’Neal is going to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments on the outside of his right wrist, the team announced Thursday.
The Warriors saw this coming and went out and picked up Hilton Armstrong, who saw minutes for Golden State in their dramatic win over Dallas on Wednesday. Marreese Speights will get more minutes, too.
But that is a step down from the solid veteran play that O’Neal brought the Warriors for more than 18 minutes a game (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds a night). If he is out for the season this is a blow to the Warriors, who don’t want to keep Andrew Bogut’s regular season minutes under control.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11