Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
After trying to play through it for a month and it not really working, Golden State’s Jermaine O’Neal is going to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments on the outside of his right wrist, the team announced Thursday.
The Warriors saw this coming and went out and picked up Hilton Armstrong, who saw minutes for Golden State in their dramatic win over Dallas on Wednesday. Marreese Speights will get more minutes, too.
But that is a step down from the solid veteran play that O’Neal brought the Warriors for more than 18 minutes a game (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds a night). If he is out for the season this is a blow to the Warriors, who don’t want to keep Andrew Bogut’s regular season minutes under control.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 3
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13