Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
After trying to play through it for a month and it not really working, Golden State’s Jermaine O’Neal is going to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments on the outside of his right wrist, the team announced Thursday.
The Warriors saw this coming and went out and picked up Hilton Armstrong, who saw minutes for Golden State in their dramatic win over Dallas on Wednesday. Marreese Speights will get more minutes, too.
But that is a step down from the solid veteran play that O’Neal brought the Warriors for more than 18 minutes a game (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds a night). If he is out for the season this is a blow to the Warriors, who don’t want to keep Andrew Bogut’s regular season minutes under control.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36