Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
After trying to play through it for a month and it not really working, Golden State’s Jermaine O’Neal is going to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments on the outside of his right wrist, the team announced Thursday.
The Warriors saw this coming and went out and picked up Hilton Armstrong, who saw minutes for Golden State in their dramatic win over Dallas on Wednesday. Marreese Speights will get more minutes, too.
But that is a step down from the solid veteran play that O’Neal brought the Warriors for more than 18 minutes a game (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds a night). If he is out for the season this is a blow to the Warriors, who don’t want to keep Andrew Bogut’s regular season minutes under control.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 9
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 6
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11