Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
After trying to play through it for a month and it not really working, Golden State’s Jermaine O’Neal is going to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments on the outside of his right wrist, the team announced Thursday.
2 of 2) A timetable for his return will be determined after his procedure.—
Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) December 13, 2013
The Warriors saw this coming and went out and picked up Hilton Armstrong, who saw minutes for Golden State in their dramatic win over Dallas on Wednesday. Marreese Speights will get more minutes, too.
But that is a step down from the solid veteran play that O’Neal brought the Warriors for more than 18 minutes a game (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds a night). If he is out for the season this is a blow to the Warriors, who don’t want to keep Andrew Bogut’s regular season minutes under control.
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 1
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 18