J.R. Smith with spin move then behind-the-head pass (VIDEO)

Dec 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EST

Knicks fans could use a positive, and while their team gave up a 23-point lead to a team missing pretty much every player you can name, the bottom line is the Knicks made some plays and got a win.

They even had a couple highlights, like this one from J.R. Smith who looked like his vintage self of last season — puts on the nice spin move, gets in the lane, draws the defender then makes the nice dish to a cutting Andrea Bargnani for the slam.

The Knicks could stand to see a little more of that.

1. sportsfan18 - Dec 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM

J.R. Nice play.

But, most Knicks fans would rather you play good, solid fundamental basketball. You are a terrible shooter, very inefficient and a large reason why the Knicks aren’t very good.

You shoot 3′s OK but your 2 pt and even overall FG% is way too low. For a shooting guard, your free throw percentage is way too low as well.

You love the glitz and toss up many bad, contested shots.

I guess in this day and age you’re happy though as so many “fans” love the highlight reel stuff and you’ve got your money so I guess you don’t really care if you do well.

Pop and the Spurs play the game right, always. Yes, they’ve had great players, HOF players from Robinson to Duncan to Parker and maybe Ginobili. But beyond that, they play good, solid team basketball. They move the ball and work for good shots instead of settling for bad shots. Oh, and they play defense too.

Their winning percentage, titles and consistency are what so many teams want but won’t put in the work to actually achieve.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Sportsfan18, I had surgery on my knee and I been hooking up with Rihanna so physically it’s been a battle, I hope I can be back a 100 % soon. I smoke weed to ease the pain but that sheet
      make me want to spin and throw passes behind the back. Stay tune.

• Mr. Wright 212 - Dec 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM

JR is better suited where there are no rules. Lowest basketball IQ in the NBA.

2. pbtunpaidwriter - Dec 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Did JR really pass the ball for a teammate with a better look?

My head is spinning.

3. Mr. Wright 212 - Dec 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Need him to make the FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND play for once. He nearly threw the game away tonight.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches