Dec 12, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
Very classy Boston.
Doc Rivers returned to Boston Wednesday night as the coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. He’d been in Boston nine seasons and won a ring, but there was some question about how he would be received after a rocky split this summer between the sides. Wednesday night it was all love, there were a couple of standing ovations, including the one you see above following a first quarter video tribute.
There are smart basketball fans in Boston, ones that remember what a mess this franchise was before Doc Rivers arrived (and for a few years after he arrived). Rivers played a big role in helping return the Celtics to glory. He deserved a warm welcome and he got it. Well done Boston.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 25
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20