Dec 12, 2013, 12:34 AM EST
Very classy Boston.
Doc Rivers returned to Boston Wednesday night as the coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. He’d been in Boston nine seasons and won a ring, but there was some question about how he would be received after a rocky split this summer between the sides. Wednesday night it was all love, there were a couple of standing ovations, including the one you see above following a first quarter video tribute.
There are smart basketball fans in Boston, ones that remember what a mess this franchise was before Doc Rivers arrived (and for a few years after he arrived). Rivers played a big role in helping return the Celtics to glory. He deserved a warm welcome and he got it. Well done Boston.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30