Dec 12, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
Very classy Boston.
Doc Rivers returned to Boston Wednesday night as the coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. He’d been in Boston nine seasons and won a ring, but there was some question about how he would be received after a rocky split this summer between the sides. Wednesday night it was all love, there were a couple of standing ovations, including the one you see above following a first quarter video tribute.
There are smart basketball fans in Boston, ones that remember what a mess this franchise was before Doc Rivers arrived (and for a few years after he arrived). Rivers played a big role in helping return the Celtics to glory. He deserved a warm welcome and he got it. Well done Boston.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 26
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7