Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK – Things were going almost perfectly for the Nets by the time the team suffered its latest injury blow, a sprained ankle to Brook Lopez that prematurely ended his night.
Lopez returned to the game briefly after coming out to get the ankle looked at with four minutes or so remaining in the third and Brooklyn comfortably ahead by double digits, but left a short time later and would not return, according to a team announcement.
The severity of the injury is not known at this time, but the last time Lopez suffered an ankle injury back on Nov. 15 in Phoenix, he similarly returned to play in that contest — only to be sidelined for the next seven games.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 0
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 29
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12