Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Things were going almost perfectly for the Nets by the time the team suffered its latest injury blow, a sprained ankle to Brook Lopez that prematurely ended his night.
Lopez returned to the game briefly after coming out to get the ankle looked at with four minutes or so remaining in the third and Brooklyn comfortably ahead by double digits, but left a short time later and would not return, according to a team announcement.
The severity of the injury is not known at this time, but the last time Lopez suffered an ankle injury back on Nov. 15 in Phoenix, he similarly returned to play in that contest — only to be sidelined for the next seven games.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49