Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK – Things were going almost perfectly for the Nets by the time the team suffered its latest injury blow, a sprained ankle to Brook Lopez that prematurely ended his night.
Lopez returned to the game briefly after coming out to get the ankle looked at with four minutes or so remaining in the third and Brooklyn comfortably ahead by double digits, but left a short time later and would not return, according to a team announcement.
The severity of the injury is not known at this time, but the last time Lopez suffered an ankle injury back on Nov. 15 in Phoenix, he similarly returned to play in that contest — only to be sidelined for the next seven games.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6