Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK – Things were going almost perfectly for the Nets by the time the team suffered its latest injury blow, a sprained ankle to Brook Lopez that prematurely ended his night.
Lopez returned to the game briefly after coming out to get the ankle looked at with four minutes or so remaining in the third and Brooklyn comfortably ahead by double digits, but left a short time later and would not return, according to a team announcement.
The severity of the injury is not known at this time, but the last time Lopez suffered an ankle injury back on Nov. 15 in Phoenix, he similarly returned to play in that contest — only to be sidelined for the next seven games.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 5
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 42
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16