Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Things were going almost perfectly for the Nets by the time the team suffered its latest injury blow, a sprained ankle to Brook Lopez that prematurely ended his night.
Lopez returned to the game briefly after coming out to get the ankle looked at with four minutes or so remaining in the third and Brooklyn comfortably ahead by double digits, but left a short time later and would not return, according to a team announcement.
The severity of the injury is not known at this time, but the last time Lopez suffered an ankle injury back on Nov. 15 in Phoenix, he similarly returned to play in that contest — only to be sidelined for the next seven games.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6