Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
A lot of players have friends or family in the Los Angeles area (a shocking number live there in the off-season), so when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers they are looking to buy a few extra tickets to get those people in the door. There is always a scramble.
Rudy Gay is one of those people. Except just a few hours before his Toronto Raptors were to take on the Lakers last Sunday night, he was traded to the Sacramento Kings. He never got to the arena (Aaron Gray had gotten there and was doing a workout when he found out and went back to the hotel).
Gay tried to get his money back from the tickets he purchased, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
Gay will make $17.9 million this season, Acy “just” $788,872 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports).
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11