Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
A lot of players have friends or family in the Los Angeles area (a shocking number live there in the off-season), so when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers they are looking to buy a few extra tickets to get those people in the door. There is always a scramble.
Rudy Gay is one of those people. Except just a few hours before his Toronto Raptors were to take on the Lakers last Sunday night, he was traded to the Sacramento Kings. He never got to the arena (Aaron Gray had gotten there and was doing a workout when he found out and went back to the hotel).
Gay tried to get his money back from the tickets he purchased, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
Gay will make $17.9 million this season, Acy “just” $788,872 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports).
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16