Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
A lot of players have friends or family in the Los Angeles area (a shocking number live there in the off-season), so when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers they are looking to buy a few extra tickets to get those people in the door. There is always a scramble.
Rudy Gay is one of those people. Except just a few hours before his Toronto Raptors were to take on the Lakers last Sunday night, he was traded to the Sacramento Kings. He never got to the arena (Aaron Gray had gotten there and was doing a workout when he found out and went back to the hotel).
Gay tried to get his money back from the tickets he purchased, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
Gay will make $17.9 million this season, Acy “just” $788,872 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports).
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 28
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17