Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
A lot of players have friends or family in the Los Angeles area (a shocking number live there in the off-season), so when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers they are looking to buy a few extra tickets to get those people in the door. There is always a scramble.
Rudy Gay is one of those people. Except just a few hours before his Toronto Raptors were to take on the Lakers last Sunday night, he was traded to the Sacramento Kings. He never got to the arena (Aaron Gray had gotten there and was doing a workout when he found out and went back to the hotel).
Gay tried to get his money back from the tickets he purchased, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
Gay will make $17.9 million this season, Acy “just” $788,872 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports).
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5