Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
A lot of players have friends or family in the Los Angeles area (a shocking number live there in the off-season), so when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers they are looking to buy a few extra tickets to get those people in the door. There is always a scramble.
Rudy Gay is one of those people. Except just a few hours before his Toronto Raptors were to take on the Lakers last Sunday night, he was traded to the Sacramento Kings. He never got to the arena (Aaron Gray had gotten there and was doing a workout when he found out and went back to the hotel).
Gay tried to get his money back from the tickets he purchased, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
Gay will make $17.9 million this season, Acy “just” $788,872 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports).
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 7
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29