Dec 11, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is back on the court for the Lakers — and with a huge contract that will keep him the highest paid player in the NBA for two more seasons after this one.
In the latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio welcome in Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report (you may remember him from his days at the O.C. Register), who I think is the most insightful of the Lakers writers out there.
We talk not only about Kobe but Pau Gasol and his struggles — Ding says don’t bet on him being back in Los Angeles next season. We also talk about the future plans in Los Angeles to build a contender again and how those are in flux.
Eyton and I also spend the first part of the podcast breaking down the trade that sends Rudy Gay to Sacramento, and why it’s not a bad deal for either side. Although I like it better for Toronto.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 12
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48