Dec 11, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Kobe Bryant is back on the court for the Lakers — and with a huge contract that will keep him the highest paid player in the NBA for two more seasons after this one.
In the latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio welcome in Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report (you may remember him from his days at the O.C. Register), who I think is the most insightful of the Lakers writers out there.
We talk not only about Kobe but Pau Gasol and his struggles — Ding says don’t bet on him being back in Los Angeles next season. We also talk about the future plans in Los Angeles to build a contender again and how those are in flux.
Eyton and I also spend the first part of the podcast breaking down the trade that sends Rudy Gay to Sacramento, and why it’s not a bad deal for either side. Although I like it better for Toronto.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10