Dec 11, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is back on the court for the Lakers — and with a huge contract that will keep him the highest paid player in the NBA for two more seasons after this one.
In the latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio welcome in Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report (you may remember him from his days at the O.C. Register), who I think is the most insightful of the Lakers writers out there.
We talk not only about Kobe but Pau Gasol and his struggles — Ding says don’t bet on him being back in Los Angeles next season. We also talk about the future plans in Los Angeles to build a contender again and how those are in flux.
Eyton and I also spend the first part of the podcast breaking down the trade that sends Rudy Gay to Sacramento, and why it’s not a bad deal for either side. Although I like it better for Toronto.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23