Dec 11, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is back on the court for the Lakers — and with a huge contract that will keep him the highest paid player in the NBA for two more seasons after this one.
In the latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio welcome in Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report (you may remember him from his days at the O.C. Register), who I think is the most insightful of the Lakers writers out there.
We talk not only about Kobe but Pau Gasol and his struggles — Ding says don’t bet on him being back in Los Angeles next season. We also talk about the future plans in Los Angeles to build a contender again and how those are in flux.
Eyton and I also spend the first part of the podcast breaking down the trade that sends Rudy Gay to Sacramento, and why it’s not a bad deal for either side. Although I like it better for Toronto.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31