Dec 11, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is back on the court for the Lakers — and with a huge contract that will keep him the highest paid player in the NBA for two more seasons after this one.
In the latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio welcome in Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report (you may remember him from his days at the O.C. Register), who I think is the most insightful of the Lakers writers out there.
We talk not only about Kobe but Pau Gasol and his struggles — Ding says don’t bet on him being back in Los Angeles next season. We also talk about the future plans in Los Angeles to build a contender again and how those are in flux.
Eyton and I also spend the first part of the podcast breaking down the trade that sends Rudy Gay to Sacramento, and why it’s not a bad deal for either side. Although I like it better for Toronto.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6