Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
That’s not fast enough for Asik, who made a move and changed agents to one known for helping guys get moved. So reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik is changing agents, switching from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, league sources told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.
This isn’t going to speed anything up unless Tellem can make a deal. There should be demand for Asik, who proved last season he was a quality NBA starting center averaging 10.1 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while playing great defense.
Still, the Rockets are asking a lot for him — a lottery level pick or an impact player — and that combined with his salary are making moving him difficult (his cap hit is $8.3 million but the actual payout is $15 million, which makes a few teams balk).
Asik is going to get moved, but it could be closer to the deadline when it happens. No matter who is Asik’s agent.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18