Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
That’s not fast enough for Asik, who made a move and changed agents to one known for helping guys get moved. So reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik is changing agents, switching from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, league sources told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.
This isn’t going to speed anything up unless Tellem can make a deal. There should be demand for Asik, who proved last season he was a quality NBA starting center averaging 10.1 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while playing great defense.
Still, the Rockets are asking a lot for him — a lottery level pick or an impact player — and that combined with his salary are making moving him difficult (his cap hit is $8.3 million but the actual payout is $15 million, which makes a few teams balk).
Asik is going to get moved, but it could be closer to the deadline when it happens. No matter who is Asik’s agent.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22