Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
That’s not fast enough for Asik, who made a move and changed agents to one known for helping guys get moved. So reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik is changing agents, switching from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, league sources told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.
This isn’t going to speed anything up unless Tellem can make a deal. There should be demand for Asik, who proved last season he was a quality NBA starting center averaging 10.1 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while playing great defense.
Still, the Rockets are asking a lot for him — a lottery level pick or an impact player — and that combined with his salary are making moving him difficult (his cap hit is $8.3 million but the actual payout is $15 million, which makes a few teams balk).
Asik is going to get moved, but it could be closer to the deadline when it happens. No matter who is Asik’s agent.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16