Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
That’s not fast enough for Asik, who made a move and changed agents to one known for helping guys get moved. So reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik is changing agents, switching from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, league sources told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.
This isn’t going to speed anything up unless Tellem can make a deal. There should be demand for Asik, who proved last season he was a quality NBA starting center averaging 10.1 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while playing great defense.
Still, the Rockets are asking a lot for him — a lottery level pick or an impact player — and that combined with his salary are making moving him difficult (his cap hit is $8.3 million but the actual payout is $15 million, which makes a few teams balk).
Asik is going to get moved, but it could be closer to the deadline when it happens. No matter who is Asik’s agent.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16