Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
That’s not fast enough for Asik, who made a move and changed agents to one known for helping guys get moved. So reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik is changing agents, switching from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, league sources told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.
This isn’t going to speed anything up unless Tellem can make a deal. There should be demand for Asik, who proved last season he was a quality NBA starting center averaging 10.1 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while playing great defense.
Still, the Rockets are asking a lot for him — a lottery level pick or an impact player — and that combined with his salary are making moving him difficult (his cap hit is $8.3 million but the actual payout is $15 million, which makes a few teams balk).
Asik is going to get moved, but it could be closer to the deadline when it happens. No matter who is Asik’s agent.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 53
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65