Dec 11, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Tom Chambers, the popular former Suns star player and current broadcaster, has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, reports the Arizona Republic.
Chambers has issued an apology to the Suns organization and its fans.
The Arizona Republic has all the details, and they are not pretty.
Chambers, 54, was pulled over about 9:45 p.m. Saturday at Pinnacle Vista and Scottsdale Road in far north Scottsdale. A police officer pulled over Chambers after seeing a GMC pickup truck going north on Scottsdale Road in the bicycle lane and weaving, according to a police report.
Chambers told the officer he had a few beers at the ASU-Stanford football game at Sun Devils Stadium earlier in the night, the report indicates. There was a passenger in the truck, along with two opened bottles of beer inside the vehicle, the report states.
The report also says Chambers was belligerent and yelled during the field sobriety test, which he reportedly refused to take. Chambers consented to a blood draw, was booked and released pending the outcome of the blood results, authorities said.
Chambers issued a statement to local media.
“I take my role as a representative with the Suns very seriously and have always held myself to a high standard. I want to apologize to the Phoenix Suns and its fans for the negative attention this incident has brought upon the organization.”
The Suns have said only that driving under the influence is a serious matter and they are looking into the incident.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 47
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42