Dec 11, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Tom Chambers, the popular former Suns star player and current broadcaster, has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, reports the Arizona Republic.
Chambers has issued an apology to the Suns organization and its fans.
The Arizona Republic has all the details, and they are not pretty.
Chambers, 54, was pulled over about 9:45 p.m. Saturday at Pinnacle Vista and Scottsdale Road in far north Scottsdale. A police officer pulled over Chambers after seeing a GMC pickup truck going north on Scottsdale Road in the bicycle lane and weaving, according to a police report.
Chambers told the officer he had a few beers at the ASU-Stanford football game at Sun Devils Stadium earlier in the night, the report indicates. There was a passenger in the truck, along with two opened bottles of beer inside the vehicle, the report states.
The report also says Chambers was belligerent and yelled during the field sobriety test, which he reportedly refused to take. Chambers consented to a blood draw, was booked and released pending the outcome of the blood results, authorities said.
Chambers issued a statement to local media.
“I take my role as a representative with the Suns very seriously and have always held myself to a high standard. I want to apologize to the Phoenix Suns and its fans for the negative attention this incident has brought upon the organization.”
The Suns have said only that driving under the influence is a serious matter and they are looking into the incident.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4