Dec 11, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
From the frivolous lawsuit file here at PBT…
A Clippers fan is suing he team for $5 million claiming they are spamming his phone with unwanted texts. TMZ got ahold of the lawsuit and has some details.
The guy behind the lawsuit is Ari Friedman — who claims he went to a game at Staples Center and participated in one of those arena games where you can send a text message to the team that could get posted on the stadium scoreboard. (Sidenote: Who does that???)
In a lawsuit, obtained by TMZ Sports, Ari claims the team assured fans they would not share cell phone information or send return text messages … but alas, Ari claims the Clips broke that promise After the game, Ari says he got hit with text message spam which traced back to the Clippers. He’s pissed because incoming text messages can cost several cents in charges.
First off, why doesn’t the guy have an unlimited texting plan? Doesn’t everyone?
Second, you can usually stop these kinds of texts by sending “STOP” back to the source, at least that’s what one Clips season ticket holder who has done the in-arena thing before who I asked told me.
Finally… $5 million? Really? Michael McCann the sports law guy of Sports Illustrated and NBA TV said of that sum “right now, it’s like Dr. Evil came up with.” He covered this in a couple tweets.
This is just silly, but you need to laugh at something today besides the Knicks.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31