Dec 11, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been with Jordan Brand for 10 years now, and as he explains in the video clip above, there’s a nod to the past within the design of his latest signature shoe, the Melo M10.
From the official release:
“If you see this shoe from afar, the chrome statement piece is the first thing you are going to see,” Anthony said of the unique look of the Jordan Melo M10. “Combining that element with my ‘M’ on the toe cap and the very first signature logo we created 10 years ago, we’ve made a true anniversary shoe.”
These have a look very similar to that of the Jordan XX8 SE, and contain the same Flight Plate technology that made the XX8 the best on-court basketball shoe from a performance standpoint to come along in quite some time.
The Jordan Melo M10 will debut in the Black/DK Powder Blue colorway (pictured below) for a suggested retail price of $165 on Jan. 4, 2014.
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 3
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 18
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69