Dec 11, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been with Jordan Brand for 10 years now, and as he explains in the video clip above, there’s a nod to the past within the design of his latest signature shoe, the Melo M10.
From the official release:
“If you see this shoe from afar, the chrome statement piece is the first thing you are going to see,” Anthony said of the unique look of the Jordan Melo M10. “Combining that element with my ‘M’ on the toe cap and the very first signature logo we created 10 years ago, we’ve made a true anniversary shoe.”
These have a look very similar to that of the Jordan XX8 SE, and contain the same Flight Plate technology that made the XX8 the best on-court basketball shoe from a performance standpoint to come along in quite some time.
The Jordan Melo M10 will debut in the Black/DK Powder Blue colorway (pictured below) for a suggested retail price of $165 on Jan. 4, 2014.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8