Dec 11, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been with Jordan Brand for 10 years now, and as he explains in the video clip above, there’s a nod to the past within the design of his latest signature shoe, the Melo M10.
From the official release:
“If you see this shoe from afar, the chrome statement piece is the first thing you are going to see,” Anthony said of the unique look of the Jordan Melo M10. “Combining that element with my ‘M’ on the toe cap and the very first signature logo we created 10 years ago, we’ve made a true anniversary shoe.”
These have a look very similar to that of the Jordan XX8 SE, and contain the same Flight Plate technology that made the XX8 the best on-court basketball shoe from a performance standpoint to come along in quite some time.
The Jordan Melo M10 will debut in the Black/DK Powder Blue colorway (pictured below) for a suggested retail price of $165 on Jan. 4, 2014.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33