Dec 10, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
How much do the Chicago Bulls miss Derrick Rose at the point?
The Bulls lost superstar point guard Derrick Rose for the season, and have been searching for further depth at the position with backup guard Mike James working his way back from a sprained knee. Shooting guard Jimmy Butler has been recovering from a foot injury and could return in the near future.
Augistin was part of the Pacers rotation last season but they let him go to upgrade the position (C.J. Watson has been a big upgrade, too). Augustin signed as a free agent with the Raptors but was used sparingly (he’s only gotten in 10 games this season). Then as part of the Rudy Gay trade the Raptors landed Greivis Vasquez and Augustin was no longer needed. So he was waived.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Augustin is really a three-point specialist right now — and he only hit 1-of-11 of those with the Raptors this season. He’s fairly quick with the ball but he struggles to finish in the paint and has no midrange game to speak of (he’s shooting 29.2 percent this season, it was 35 percent last season in Indy). He’s also not a great defender.
But he may be the best guy on the market, so the Bulls are going to give him a shot.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12