Dec 10, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
How much do the Chicago Bulls miss Derrick Rose at the point?
The Bulls lost superstar point guard Derrick Rose for the season, and have been searching for further depth at the position with backup guard Mike James working his way back from a sprained knee. Shooting guard Jimmy Butler has been recovering from a foot injury and could return in the near future.
Augistin was part of the Pacers rotation last season but they let him go to upgrade the position (C.J. Watson has been a big upgrade, too). Augustin signed as a free agent with the Raptors but was used sparingly (he’s only gotten in 10 games this season). Then as part of the Rudy Gay trade the Raptors landed Greivis Vasquez and Augustin was no longer needed. So he was waived.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Augustin is really a three-point specialist right now — and he only hit 1-of-11 of those with the Raptors this season. He’s fairly quick with the ball but he struggles to finish in the paint and has no midrange game to speak of (he’s shooting 29.2 percent this season, it was 35 percent last season in Indy). He’s also not a great defender.
But he may be the best guy on the market, so the Bulls are going to give him a shot.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28