Dec 10, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
How much do the Chicago Bulls miss Derrick Rose at the point?
The Bulls lost superstar point guard Derrick Rose for the season, and have been searching for further depth at the position with backup guard Mike James working his way back from a sprained knee. Shooting guard Jimmy Butler has been recovering from a foot injury and could return in the near future.
Augistin was part of the Pacers rotation last season but they let him go to upgrade the position (C.J. Watson has been a big upgrade, too). Augustin signed as a free agent with the Raptors but was used sparingly (he’s only gotten in 10 games this season). Then as part of the Rudy Gay trade the Raptors landed Greivis Vasquez and Augustin was no longer needed. So he was waived.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Augustin is really a three-point specialist right now — and he only hit 1-of-11 of those with the Raptors this season. He’s fairly quick with the ball but he struggles to finish in the paint and has no midrange game to speak of (he’s shooting 29.2 percent this season, it was 35 percent last season in Indy). He’s also not a great defender.
But he may be the best guy on the market, so the Bulls are going to give him a shot.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3