Dec 9, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Tyreke Evans drove to attack Kevin Durant off the dribble Friday night — Evans had been very aggressive all game, largely carrying the reserves in the first half — he went up for the shot and when he can down he sprained his ankle.
That sprain is going to keep him out a week, maybe two the Pelicans announced Monday night. And while that’s not good, if you saw the injury and how Evans reacted at the time, this seems a lot better than it could have been.
Evans has struggled to own the sixth man role with the Pelicans this season. He’s averaging almost 25 minutes a night scoring 11.8 points a game on 40.9 percent shooting. He’s shooting 10 percent from three.
Evans is still a slasher — 71 percent of his shot attempts have come within eight feet of the rim, the problem is he is hitting just 50 percent of those shots in close. His jumper from outside that range isn’t going to scare anybody.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8