Dec 9, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans drove to attack Kevin Durant off the dribble Friday night — Evans had been very aggressive all game, largely carrying the reserves in the first half — he went up for the shot and when he can down he sprained his ankle.
That sprain is going to keep him out a week, maybe two the Pelicans announced Monday night. And while that’s not good, if you saw the injury and how Evans reacted at the time, this seems a lot better than it could have been.
Evans has struggled to own the sixth man role with the Pelicans this season. He’s averaging almost 25 minutes a night scoring 11.8 points a game on 40.9 percent shooting. He’s shooting 10 percent from three.
Evans is still a slasher — 71 percent of his shot attempts have come within eight feet of the rim, the problem is he is hitting just 50 percent of those shots in close. His jumper from outside that range isn’t going to scare anybody.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35