Dec 9, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Tyreke Evans drove to attack Kevin Durant off the dribble Friday night — Evans had been very aggressive all game, largely carrying the reserves in the first half — he went up for the shot and when he can down he sprained his ankle.
That sprain is going to keep him out a week, maybe two the Pelicans announced Monday night. And while that’s not good, if you saw the injury and how Evans reacted at the time, this seems a lot better than it could have been.
Evans has struggled to own the sixth man role with the Pelicans this season. He’s averaging almost 25 minutes a night scoring 11.8 points a game on 40.9 percent shooting. He’s shooting 10 percent from three.
Evans is still a slasher — 71 percent of his shot attempts have come within eight feet of the rim, the problem is he is hitting just 50 percent of those shots in close. His jumper from outside that range isn’t going to scare anybody.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41