Dec 9, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Dwight Howard turned 28 on Sunday. (Maybe that’s why Kobe decided to not play Friday and wait until Sunday… nah.)
Howard celebrated by dropping 20 points and grabbing 22 rebounds on his old Orlando Magic team (you knew he’d be up for that game) then the team went out bowling with his Rockets’ teammates — who showered him with silly string when he walked in the door.
This is the kind of collegiate atmosphere Howard likes around a team, and it’s just not how Kobe Bryant‘s Lakers roll. The Rockets are 15-7 to start the season and Howard is averaging 17 points and 13 rebounds a game (slightly more efficiently than he did last season in Los Angeles, but not up to his peak). For now, Howard is enjoying Houston, but we’ll see how it goes when the season rolls on and things get more serious.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19