Dec 9, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Dwight Howard turned 28 on Sunday. (Maybe that’s why Kobe decided to not play Friday and wait until Sunday… nah.)
Howard celebrated by dropping 20 points and grabbing 22 rebounds on his old Orlando Magic team (you knew he’d be up for that game) then the team went out bowling with his Rockets’ teammates — who showered him with silly string when he walked in the door.
This is the kind of collegiate atmosphere Howard likes around a team, and it’s just not how Kobe Bryant‘s Lakers roll. The Rockets are 15-7 to start the season and Howard is averaging 17 points and 13 rebounds a game (slightly more efficiently than he did last season in Los Angeles, but not up to his peak). For now, Howard is enjoying Houston, but we’ll see how it goes when the season rolls on and things get more serious.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31