Dec 9, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Dwight Howard turned 28 on Sunday. (Maybe that’s why Kobe decided to not play Friday and wait until Sunday… nah.)
Howard celebrated by dropping 20 points and grabbing 22 rebounds on his old Orlando Magic team (you knew he’d be up for that game) then the team went out bowling with his Rockets’ teammates — who showered him with silly string when he walked in the door.
This is the kind of collegiate atmosphere Howard likes around a team, and it’s just not how Kobe Bryant‘s Lakers roll. The Rockets are 15-7 to start the season and Howard is averaging 17 points and 13 rebounds a game (slightly more efficiently than he did last season in Los Angeles, but not up to his peak). For now, Howard is enjoying Houston, but we’ll see how it goes when the season rolls on and things get more serious.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13