Dec 9, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Dwight Howard turned 28 on Sunday. (Maybe that’s why Kobe decided to not play Friday and wait until Sunday… nah.)
Howard celebrated by dropping 20 points and grabbing 22 rebounds on his old Orlando Magic team (you knew he’d be up for that game) then the team went out bowling with his Rockets’ teammates — who showered him with silly string when he walked in the door.
This is the kind of collegiate atmosphere Howard likes around a team, and it’s just not how Kobe Bryant‘s Lakers roll. The Rockets are 15-7 to start the season and Howard is averaging 17 points and 13 rebounds a game (slightly more efficiently than he did last season in Los Angeles, but not up to his peak). For now, Howard is enjoying Houston, but we’ll see how it goes when the season rolls on and things get more serious.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5